Thank you for your interest in the volunteer program at Medical City McKinney. Members of the Auxiliary:
- Volunteer time to help patients, visitors and hospital staff
- Raise funds through the Gift Shop
- Raise funds through other fundraisers held throughout the year to purchase non-budgeted items for the hospital
Each year, the Auxiliary also offers a minimum of six scholarships to high school seniors interested in a career in the medical field., as well as makes donations to the Samaritan Inn, Community Food Pantry of McKinney, Serenity High School, McNeil Elementary School, and other charitable organizations.
Can you think of a better way to give back to the community in which you live and work? If you have a minimum of four hours a week to share, we encourage you to take the first step to join our wonderful family of volunteers.
What’s In It for You?
- You may learn or develop new skills, in addition to using or honing current ones.
- You may develop an interest in a particular skill or medical profession.
- Volunteering provides valuable work experience that young people need in applying for jobs, scholarship and college programs.
- You will receive the intangible rewards of contributing to patient care and recovery.
- You can make a difference and contribute to society by giving back to your community.
- You can make lifelong friends.
- Your personal health improves. People who volunteer on a regular basis are proven to:
- Less likely suffer from heart disease
- Less likely suffer from depression
- Visit the doctor/hospital less often
- Live over a year longer than non-volunteers
- You set a good example for children and grandchildren.
- But mostly...IT FEELS GOOD!
How Do I Get Started?
- Complete the online application or request an application from the front desk in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Schedule an interview by calling (972) 547-8010 .
- Following the interview, you may expect to be sent to the Human Resources Department for processing.
- A background check, drug screen and TB test (all done at the hospital’s expense) will be performed.
- When test results and background check clear, you will be scheduled for a two-hour hospital orientation.
- Following orientation, you will be scheduled for training in the department of choice and that is best suited to your interests and skills.
- Now the fun begins!